Log in


Ferretish issue~

Recent Entries · Archive · Friends · Profile

* * *
After almost a month to be hand feeding with duck soup both of my ferrets due to their possibly blockage, I'm finding myself unable to make them go back to eat their regular food. they don't even drink water from their bottle by themselves any more. I have to feed them or else they refuse to eat.
I tried to drop a few of their food nibbles in the duck soup bowl and placed it inside their cage, but they wouldn't touch it.
It's becoming extremely tiring to wake up at 3:00 am to feed them. I HAVE To give into it because I cannot imagine anyone going hunger.
My sister husband said that if they are hungry they will eat, but that's not what's going with Momo and Appa.
I seriously need to get my ferrets back on eating by themselves soon because apparently they are totally depending on me for that.
* * *
* * *
[User Picture]
On April 19th, 2007 04:03 am (UTC), alchemy_hisoka commented:
We had a similar problem with my second iguana; he refused to eat on his own after being hand-fed, though he would drink on his own. I can't remember now what we ended up doing, but I think we finally gave up trying to convince him to eat on his own and kept feeding him by hand.

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions to give. You might try looking your problem up in some ferret books, searching online, or asking a veterinarian.
[User Picture]
On June 25th, 2007 04:41 pm (UTC), community_yria replied:
that's okay.....Momito is nibbling now and then a couple of his dried food, which it's an improvement , but he is not quite there yet.
As for Appita, she still in need of special care after finding out she has cancer.
*just posted about it on an entry*
* * *
[User Picture]
On May 17th, 2007 10:07 am (UTC), chimsuaumo commented:
its been a while
how the ferrets doing?
[User Picture]
On May 21st, 2007 02:18 pm (UTC), community_yria replied:
I was about to reply to your last email. I hope you had a great time in Tailand...was it there right?

The ferrets *sigh*, looooong story. I'm drained physically and emotionally. They're still sick, and I have spent more than $500.00 dollars already on them and I have learned that they get sick often and how expensive it's.
I hope I get some peaceful free time to tell you all about it in details.
Oh, and my brother in law deleted my MSN messenger from his computer. Nothing personal just that apprently the computer was acting out or something so he deleted my messenger and my nephew's too.
Talking about which, I am on the look for my new laptop. Hopefully I'll be able to get just a little bit more often online since anyway, life do keep me busy these days.

*hugs* YOU take care, okay!:)
[User Picture]
On May 21st, 2007 07:49 pm (UTC), chimsuaumo replied:
it was thailand i went to. shame you didn't reply my mail. i would've sent ye a postcard. i weren't too sure if you was still in tallahasse or not. so i decided not to send one. because i didn't think your sister would appreciate forwarding it on to ya :-p
[User Picture]
On June 25th, 2007 04:28 pm (UTC), community_yria replied:
You guys do travel a lot..I wish I had that kind of freedom that having some extra cash in your pocket brings, so that I could travel as much as you and folks do. Lucky fella!

Well, did you take any pictures? You should share them...

Oh and I didn't get your new address....and I hope you have my new address because we did move, remember? If I didn't send you my new addy, which would be ood since I always update my friends on stuff like that, let me know and I'll send it the new one through email.
My old addy begins with "Little Osprey Drive"
My new one has in it "Whisper Way".
* * *

Previous Entry · Leave a comment · Share · Next Entry